Table of Contents
How to Choose a Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair.
Canister vacuums are great because of their powerful suction and easy-to-operate nature. If you are just as comfortable as me using a canister vacuum to do your routine cleaning, then you’d know how easy it is to roam around with a canister and clean the whole house with it. Debris like pet hair needs pretty good suction to get cleaned from different types of surfaces. That’s why a powerful canister is just a great option for any pet owner like me.
Let’s take a look at what I believe to be some of the best canister vacuums for pet hair.
What to Consider Before Buying a Pet Hair Canister Vacuum:
Before buying the best canister vacuum for pet hair for your home, a few things you should consider before making the decision. These factors will help you to choose the best one among hundreds of models, that will provide you with the best value.
- A good suction is always the first thing to look for if you have pets in your house. Because cleaning pet hair from rugs and carpets needs power and suction.
- It is better to have a vacuum with a small motorized pet hair tool if you want to clean your stairs or upholstery with it.
- Between bag and bagless vacuums, choose the one that you feel more comfortable with. Bagged vacuums are healthier options, but bagless ones are cheaper in the long run.
- The filter is a very important part to make sure more clean air in your house. If you have anyone with allergy problems in your home then go for vacuums that contain HEPA filters.
- A canister vacuum is already designed to easily move, but check if the beater bar is easy to maneuver.
- Check the length of the cord. Long cords give you more cleaning radius.
- Check the weight of the vacuum. It is always better to go for a lightweight vacuum cleaner, to easily operate around the house.
- Bigger vacuum heads are preferable for big houses. It reduces cleaning time.
- If your vacuum has a dirt bin, then check its size of it. Bigger dirt bins are good for carrying more dirt and debris. It lets you operate for a longer time.
- Finally, if you want above the floor or for detailed cleaning, then check the additional tools and brushes provided with the vacuum.
The Top 5 Canister Vacuums for Pet Hair:
Do you prefer to have a bagless vacuum for your home? Well, this is the best canister vacuum for pet hair. The Bissell Pet Hair Eraser is one of the most convenient canister vacuums on the market. It is powerful and suitable for everyday use. This bagless vacuum is highly efficient with pet hair. Especially when you clean your carpet and fabricated furniture with it, you will be amazed at the efficiency.
This canister vacuum is perfect for pet hair not only because it can capture pet hair very efficiently, but also because it can automatically clean hair from the brush roll. The SmartClean Sensor automatically detects when cleaning a bare floor or carpet and adjusts the suction power to the correct setting for optimal cleaning.
The motorized Tangle-Free Brush Roll efficiently sucks up hair and embedded dirt while preventing hair wrap. The wand lays flat which is a great addition for getting under beds or settees. Overall, in my opinion, it is the best canister vacuum for carpets and pet hair.
If you ask me which is the best-bagged canister vacuum for pet hair, then I would have to say it’s Complete C1 Cat & Dog from Miele. It is one of Miele’s most powerful vacuums that come with a mini turbo brush and other integrated accessories to help you clean your everyday pet mess. The brush is very effective on stairs and tight spaces.
It is best for houses with shag carpets and area rugs. Because it has two beater brushes, one for piled carpets and another for hardwood floors, makes it great for houses with multi-type of flooring. No need to get irritated with the stubborn pet hair stuck within the piles of your carpet.
Like most of the Miele canister vacuums, this one is also pretty expensive but worth every it. If you are looking for a cheap bagged vacuum that is great for pet hair then the next one is for you.
It is one of the most popular canister vacuums on the market. Bissell Zing is loved by many users because one can easily fit this efficient canister vacuum into a very small budget.
Even though it is popular among users, does it actually clean pet hair from different types of surfaces? Well, it does. The suction may not be as powerful as the Miele or Dyson, but it is good enough to fulfill your everyday cleaning needs.
For those who do not like a powerful suction for getting stuck on carpets, it is the perfect alternative. Hardwood floors and carpets, both can be easily cleaned with this canister vacuum. The weight is very light comparing many vacuums on the market. So, you can easily clean up with it without getting tired.
Dyson Cinetic Animal is a perfect pet hair solution for any type of house. This Dyson can pick up most of the dirt and pet hair from any type of surface with its amazing suction power. It comes with the brilliantly designed tangle-free turbine tool that assures you no manual hair cleaning from the brush roll. If you have dogs that have long hair, then this tool will be a lifesaver. The performance of this vacuum cleaner both on the hard floor and carpet is good. It is a great choice for anyone looking for one of the best canister vacuums for pet hair.
This is another bagged vacuum that is powerful and efficiently cleans pet hair. This Miele vacuum comes with a dusting brush, upholstery tool, and crevice tool – all of which are suited to clean those hard-to-reach places. The Miele AirClean System, consisting of a genuine Miele FilterBag, motor protection filter, and AirClean exhaust filter, ensures maximum filtration.
The suction power can be easily adjusted to the surface being cleaned with the 6-setting rotary dial located on the vacuum unit itself. The Classic C1 Pure Suction is equipped with a gentle-start motor that goes easy on the power supply. The selected power level is ramped up slowly when Miele Vacuum Cleaner is switched on, protecting your electric mains from overload – a great feature!