Best Gunite Pool Vacuum.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Gunite Pool Vacuum.
- 1.1 Top 7 Bestselling Gunite Pool Vacuums:
- 1.2 Gunite Pool Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
- 1.2.1 1. Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- 1.2.2 2. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1.2.3 3. Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Swimming Pool Cleaner Vacuum
- 1.2.4 4. Hayward RC9955CUB TigerShark Robotic Pool Vacuum
- 1.2.5 5. Pentair GW7900 Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 1.2.6 6. Zodiac F5B Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Black Max Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- 1.2.7 7. Pentair 360032 Kreepy Krauly Prowler 830 Robotic Inground Pool Cleaner
- 1.3 Gunite Pool Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide
- 1.4 Tips for Choosing a Gunite Pool Vacuum
If you have a pool in your home, you need to understand how important pool maintenance is. Pools develop germs, microbes, and allergens after a certain period of time which are harmful to your health. They may cause skin allergies and other health hazards so it is significant to keep your pool clean and change the water regularly. But it not only takes time but effort as well. Especially when you have a large pool to maintain or if you are a gym owner and you have to maintain multiple pools at a time. So, here we are to help.
In this article, we have researched the best gunite pool vacuum cleaners available in the market. We tried and tested countless models and came across these highly-rated vacuum cleaners that are worth your investment. Moreover, the comprehensive buying guide will help you to find the best model to match your needs.
Top 7 Bestselling Gunite Pool Vacuums:
Gunite Pool Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
1. Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- NO BOOSTER PUMP NEEDED: This advanced pressure-side cleaner is powered by the water pressure coming from the pool's return line, propelling the 360 to eliminate pool debris.
- FOR IN-GROUND POOLS: Safe for all pool shapes and surfaces including vinyl, fiberglass, gunite, pebble, & tile.
- Complete Coverage: The Vac Sweep 360 is equipped with 3 venturi jets that deliver greater vacuum power, while its large 2.25" inlet picks up large debris other cleaner types can't.
Polaris Vac-Sweep is our top pick because of its efficient performance at a very reasonable price. It provides great value for money just in few bucks and works fine in all the ground pools no matter what the size and type are. This incredible cleaning device is equipped with advanced cleaning technology that sweeps, scrubs, and vacuums the undergrowth from the floor and walls of the swimming pool.
This pool is the best buy if you have to deal with a small amount of debris because it has a single chamber that can accommodate a limited amount of debris. However, the compartment is big enough to capture leaves, pebbles, and a large mess. It is a powerful tool and does not contain an additional booster pump for cleaning however, you can buy it separately in order to collect the heavy debris and maximize its efficiency.
This winning model has an easy assembly and does not require you to put too much effort to get started. I just read the manual that came with it and fixed the vacuum cleaner myself. Moreover, this device has a reasonable life span and it is durable enough to last between 5 to 7 years.
- Uses advanced cleaning technology
- Reasonable price and features
- A powerful and efficient cleaning mechanism
- It has a single chamber to collect debris
- It does not contain an additional booster pump
2. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Hello, free time! Let the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus robotic vacuum cleaner take over your pool cleaning duties for good. Easy to use and ideal for in-ground swimming pools up to 50 feet, this cleaner will leave your pool sparkling clean in just 2 hours. Spend more time enjoying your pool and less time cleaning.
- The clean you need without the hassle. The Nautilus CC Plus was designed to clean your pool, effortlessly. With dual scrubbing brushes and superior filtering capabilities, you can relax knowing your pool’s floor and walls are left exceptionally clean.
- Ditch the pumps and hose. Unlike the energy hogs that are pressure and suction cleaners, Dolphins are independent cleaning machines and do not rely on any additional equipment to get the job done. Save energy with every pool cleaning.
If you are looking for the best pool vacuum robot, Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus automatic robotic pool cleaner will meet your expectations. It is a perfect solution for all types of pools so you can buy it whether you have just one or multiple pools. It offers great pool coverage and can clean up your large pool in just a few minutes so you can enjoy your family time with peace of mind. This pool cleaner is not cordless but equipped with a tangle-free cable that prevents you from the hassle.
Moreover, this pool vacuum cleaner is made to handle all types of debris efficiently. Whether debris is pine needles, leaves, or dirt, the cleaner traps them very well. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic pool cleaner is equipped with dual scrubbing brushes that remove the algae growth very well. It has a superior filtering ability that can filter all types of debris effortlessly.
This incredible robot does not have any additional attachments or tools to clean your pool up. It is an independent cleaning device that can vacuum all the debris by using the additional equipment. In addition, it is very easy to use. You just have to tap the button and the robot starts cleaning according to the pre-scheduled time. Moreover, the cartridges are easy to clean and remove. You can easily replace them whenever you feel they need replacement.
- Best for all types of debris
- Best for large pools
- Easy to use
- It cleans the pool quickly
- The power cord is small
- An instruction manual is not given
3. Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Swimming Pool Cleaner Vacuum
- AUTO POOL CLEANER: The 9550 Sport 4WD provides best-in-class performance and 5 cleaning modes.
- IN GROUND: Compatible with in ground swimming pools up to 60 ft.
- POLARIS: For more than 40 years, Polaris has been known worldwide for its quality and best-in-class automatic pool cleaners.
Here is another potent device that grabbed our attention. The 4-wheel incredible pool cleaner is equipped with a vortex Vacuum technology that can clean up all the mess and leaves your water sparkling clean. It features Aqua-Trax tires that are specifically made to handle all pool surfaces and all types of debris. The technology ensures maximum suction power and efficient cleaning of the pool from all types of debris. This robot pool cleaner navigates very well in large pools through the ActiveMotion sensor technology. The cable is 70 feet long so that the robot may maneuver easily and cover large areas effortlessly.
On top of that, Polaris sport robotic swimming pool cleaner features a real-water propulsion system that helps the robot to reach the corners and hard-to-reach areas like under the stairs. This cleaning robot is fully customizable. You can set a 7-day programmable timer in order to clean the pool regularly. It comes with an innovative motion-sensing remote that gives you full control over the device. The dirty canister indicator notifies when the canister is full so that you may empty the canister immediately to prevent clogging. The canister is easy to clean and you can empty it simply by shaking it.
- Compact, lightweight, and efficient
- Suitable for large pools
- Comes with a motion-sensing remote
- Easy to clean and use
4. Hayward RC9955CUB TigerShark Robotic Pool Vacuum
- Tiger Shark Plus has a wireless handheld remote that can be used to steer the cleaner into hard-to-reach areas
- Runs separately from the pool's filtration system reducing the frequency of filter backwash cycles
- No extra hoses, hookups or pumps required
Tiger Shark Robotic pool vacuum is an energy-efficient pool cleaner that saves you a considerable amount of money. The remotely controlled vacuum cleaner can access the hard-to-reach areas and clean every nook and corner efficiently. This incredible pool vacuum does not need any additional attachments or devices to clean the pool. It works independently and scours all pool surfaces very well.
This Hayward has integrated polyester filter cartridges that are easy to clean and remove. It does not require regular maintenance and you can simply remove and rinse it with water to remove the debris. This cool device can clean the walls, pool floors, and waterline very well just in one cycle. Each cleaning cycle takes about 90 minutes to complete. This vacuum cleaner also comes with a mobile caddy cart to transport the vacuum cleaner conveniently.
The only downside of this amazing device is its hefty build. Lifting it from the pool is not easy so it is not suitable for people having back pain or other physical disabilities. However, moving it is manageable if you use the caddy cart.
- It cleans the large pools independently
- Easy to use and clean
- Made for all types of surfaces
- Comes with a caddy cart for mobility
- It is very heavy
- Cleaning up the container after every wash is difficult
5. Pentair GW7900 Automatic Pool Cleaner
- Automatic pool cleaner for inground swimming pool
- Exclusive smarttrac programmed steering system maneuvers around tight corners, ladders and obstacles to assure fast, thorough cleaning performance
- It cleans faster than random-style cleaners reducing the possibility of missed spots
If you are searching for a quick vacuum cleaner that can do your pool cleaning job in no time then Pentair GW7900 Automatic Pool Cleaner is the best buy. The incredible automatic pool cleaner is faster than the rest of the ordinary cleaners available in the market. It can handle tight corners, out-of-reach places, and other tough areas effortlessly without missing any spot. The steering system of this pool cleaner is fully customizable so you can set a cleaning schedule according to your convenience.
This pool cleaner is durable and does not require maintenance frequently. It is best for all types of pool surfaces and has exceptionally quiet operations. It can climb walls, stairs, and water lines and can scrub the surface deep down in the water. It comes with several attachments and hoses to help in the cleaning tasks.
- Comes with several attachments
- Do not require maintenance
- Can effortlessly access hard to reach areas
- Very high price
6. Zodiac F5B Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Black Max Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Black Max pressure side pool cleaner
- Works in all in-ground pools; requires Polaris booster pump
- Ready to connect to 1.5-inch dedicated pressure cleaner line. Includes 31-feet of feed hose
Zodiac F5B Polaris Vac is a very reasonable model. It is a side pool cleaner with an advanced cleaning mechanism that can scrub the sides very well. However, the booster pump is required immediately in order to increase the efficiency of the device. You can buy the booster pump separately but it will require you to spend a few more bucks.
This vacuum cleaner can sweep and vacuum the pool in one cycle. It is lightweight and easy to maneuver because it comes with a 31 feet hose that does not restrict its movement. This cool vacuum cleaner has sturdy wheels and built that confirm its durability.
The vacuum cleaner is easy to install and clean. It can be operated just in one tap and the filter can be washed just in few minutes. The versatile pool cleaner can handle all the surface types and debris very well. However, this robot pool cleaner often gets stuck in the corner and unable to do the cleaning task. Moreover, it cannot handle very fine particles of sand, small debris, etc. so it is better to buy an additional booster pump to improve its efficiency.
- Affordable price
- Long hose for easily maneuverability
- Easy to operate
- Easy to wash
- It gets stuck in the corners
7. Pentair 360032 Kreepy Krauly Prowler 830 Robotic Inground Pool Cleaner
- The newly redesigned creepy krauly prowler 830 robotic in ground pool cleaner provides superior power and cleaning
- Its advanced design scrubs, vacuums and filters, cleaning most pools in just two and a half hours
- The prowler 830 includes a wireless remote for easy control and allows pool owners to schedule regular cleanings
Pentair 360032 is another innovative model manufactured by Pentair. This best pool vacuum robot is always there to save you time and energy. The integrated filter filters the water very well and scrubs the walls, floor, and water lining to keep your water clean and fresh. It can do your pool cleaning task in two hours and thirty minutes and save a lot of time you can spare for your friends and family etc.
The wireless remote-controlled vacuum cleaner is easy to operate. It not only saves time and effort but also saves you money. You can set up the regular cleaning schedule in order to get the robot automatically started and complete the pool cleaning quickly. Moreover, this robotic pool cleaner is super-light and weighs just 45 pounds. It is easy to maneuver and operate. You just need to tap a button to start this cool wireless device.
Pentair 360032 Kreepy Krauly Prowler 830 is an energy-efficient pool cleaner that is designed to cut costs by saving energy. Moreover, it delivers excellent performance without making noise. It is also equipped with an auto-reverse feature that frees up the vacuum cleaner when it gets stuck in the corner. In addition, the two cleaning options give you the opportunity to set either the full cleaning cycle or the one-hour quick clean function.
- Energy-efficient cleaning equipment
- Do not require additional tools to clean
- Easy to operate
- Easy to clean
- Auto-reverse option prevents it from sticking in the corners
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I backwash after vacuuming the pool?
Yes, you should backwash the vacuum cleaner after every use or at least once a week. It will prevent the vacuum from clogging and retains its suction power and efficiency.
How long do pool vacuums last?
The average life span of a pool vacuum is 3 to 5 years. However, the life of a pool vacuum cleaner depends upon several other factors like the frequency of use, the durability of the parts, and maintenance. You can increase the life span by regularly maintaining, cleaning, and replacing the damaged parts.
Can you leave the pool vacuum in the pool?
It largely depends upon the type of vacuum cleaners and also upon the chemicals used in the swimming pools. The chemicals, sometimes damage the exterior or motor of the vacuum cleaners causing them to malfunction. However, the pool vacuum cleaners are made specifically to serve under the water so they are sturdier and water-resistant than ordinary vacuum cleaners.
Are robotic pool cleaners worth the money?
Robotic pool cleaners are the phenomenal vacuum cleaners ready to clean your pool up according to the pre-set schedule. These vacuum cleaners can clean large pools effortlessly. However, they are more expensive than the manual and automatic pool vacuum cleaners. The most notable feature is the convenience they provide by saving your time and energy to do other household chores.
Do I need a vacuum for an above-ground pool?
The pools develop algae on the walls and floors so it is important to keep them clean by vacuuming regularly. However, above-the-ground pools do not require extensive cleaning like inground pools.
How often should you run a pool vacuum?
It is ideal to vacuum your pool daily if you swim regularly in it. However, if you don’t use it frequently then you should run the vacuum at least once a week. Some people also use pool cover so if you use the pool cover then you may also clean it once a month.
We hope one of our top picks will work for you and you will be able to find the best pool vacuum. We believe that all of these models provide great value for your money and the convenience you are looking for. Please share your reviews with us and let us know in the comments section below about more models you want us to review in the next editorial.