Best HEPA Vacuum for Mold.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best HEPA Vacuum for Mold.
- 1.1 Top 7 Bestselling Vacuums for Mold
- 1.2 HEPA Vacuums for Mold 2021 Reviews
- 1.3 Best Upright Vacuum for Mold
- 1.4 Best Lift-Away Vacuum for Mold
- 1.5 Best Bagless HEPA Vacuum for Mold
- 1.6 Best Canister Vacuum for Mold
- 1.7 Best Upright HEPA Vacuum for Mold
- 1.8 Best HEPA Stick Vacuum for Mold
- 1.9 Best HEPA Canister Vacuum for Mold
- 1.10 Best HEPA Vacuum for Mold Buyers Guide
Mold spores are one of the allergens that make you itch and sneeze so it is important to conduct an extensive vacuuming activity to clean the mold spores. However, ordinary vacuum cleaners are not able to handle the mold spores. To clean them up, you need to buy specialized vacuum cleaners equipped with HEPA filters that can trap very small allergens, dust particles, mold spores, and microbes maintaining the air quality.
In this article, we have come up with the best HEPA vacuums for the mold spores and allergens along with a detailed buying guide elaborating on the advantages, types, purpose, and factors you should consider when you go to buy the best HEPA vacuum cleaner. We have made sure that all the HEPA vacuums we have reviewed are worth investing in and provides you great value for money.
Go through our reviews and find how the HEPA vacuum cleaners can help you to get rid of mold spores and allergens.
Top 7 Bestselling Vacuums for Mold
|Top||Shark NV352 Navigator Lift Away Upright Vacuum with Wide Upholstery and Crevice Tools, Lavender||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|ProTeam Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner, LineVacer ULPA Vacuum Backpack with High Filtration Tool Kit, 10 Quart, Corded||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|FEIN Turbo II HEPA Vacuum Cleaner Set, 8.4 Gallon, 1100W | Includes: 13 ft Suction Hose, Filter Bag, HEPA Filter, 2 Metal Extension Tubes, Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, Elbow||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Oreck HEPA Upright Bagged Vacuum Cleaner, Lightweight, 30 ft Power Cord, UK30205PC, Blue||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Atrix HEPA Backpack Vacuum, Standard Bundle, black,VACBP1||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Vacmaster Pro 8 gallon Certified Hepa Filtration Wet/Dry Vac||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Miele Grey Classic C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum Cleaner, Graphite||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
HEPA Vacuums for Mold 2021 Reviews
Best Upright Vacuum for Mold
1. Miele Dynamic U1 Fresh Air Upright Vacuum
- FilterBag volume - 6 litres. Swivel neck technology
- Hepa air clean filter
- Crevice tool, dusting brush, and upholstery tool
- Bagged upright
- Low to medium pile carpet and hard floors
Are you looking for a versatile and affordable HEPA vacuum cleaner? If yes, then the Miele Dynamic U1 Fresh air upright vacuum can do a wonderful cleaning job. It is the best HEPA vacuum for allergies and mold spores so I would highly recommend this model for those with asthma and allergies. This vacuum cleaner features a convenient design having an innovative swivel neck helping you to clean up the room effortlessly. The vacuum cleaner handles all types of surfaces very well and adjusts its height according to the surface. You can use the vacuum on hardwood, carpeted floor, and tiles, etc.
The vacuum is equipped with a high-efficiency HEPA filter that can filter out the smallest particles including mold spores. The vacuum cleaner ensures that these particles are not released back into the air. It traps the particles with an efficiency of 99.99% ensuring your health and safety. Moreover, the vacuum cleaner comes with specialized tools like the crevice tool used to reach the congested or hard-to-access areas, the dusting brush, and the upholstery tool.
The vacuum has a long cord giving you full access to each and every corner of the room. The suction is adjustable so you can set it according to your need. In addition, the device is super-quiet offering less or no noise so that you may clean the house while your toddler is sleeping. The bright headlights allow you to find the hidden debris under the furniture.
- Long hose and stand
- Equipped with a highly-efficient HEPA filter
- Innovative swivel back neck
- Comes with several specialized tools
- It is a heavy vacuum
- It has small filter bags that need frequent replacement
Best Lift-Away Vacuum for Mold
2. The Shark Rotator Pro Complete Lift-Away Vacuum
- Shark's original full-sized Powered Lift-Away. The pod detaches to deep-clean, hard-to-reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter trap over 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Large capacity with full-size performance for a whole-home clean
- LED headlights to spot hidden debris.
- Fingertip controls allow you to easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet mode.
Shark’s vacuum cleaners have the edge due to their affordable prices and very efficient performance and so do this model. The Shark Rotator Pro complete lift-away vacuum contains a certified HEPA filter and an anti-allergen complete seal technology that can trap about 99.99% of allergens to keep your environment hygienic and clean. The vacuum cleaner ensures no or minimal exposure to germs, bacteria, and allergens offering a very hygienic vacuuming process. It is equipped with a dust cup that prevents allergens from escaping back into the environment.
This powerful vacuum cleaner has two HEPA filters that can take your experience to the next level. These filters can trap various types of pollutants like dust, mold spores, pollens, and pet hair, etc. Featuring three different modes it makes your cleaning job easy. It is an ideal device for regular household cleaning jobs. This vacuum cleaner is very reliable and you can trust its performance in the long run. Moreover, the lightweight model is portable and easily maneuverable.
The powerful vacuum promises maximum suction ability always. It never loses its suction ability with time like the ordinary HEPA filter vacuum cleaners. You can convert the vacuum to a canister vacuum or the handheld vacuum according to your convenience. The swivel head and the quiet operations allow more convenience than ever.
- Lightweight design
- It has a swivel head
- Can be transformed into a handheld or canister vacuum.
- Never loses the suction power
Best Bagless HEPA Vacuum for Mold
3. Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum
- Buy Bissell, save pets; Bissell donates up to 10 dollars to the Bissell pet foundation for every pet product purchase, upon activation
- Powerful pet hair pick up with triple action brush roll + scatter free technology
- Swivel steering to easily maneuver around furniture and other obstacles
- Clean edges and corners with edge to edge cleaning. Cleaning path width: 13.5 inch
- Remove pet hair with specialized pet tools including pet hair corner tool and pet tool
If you are looking for a trusted name, the Bissel Vacuum cleaner is a considerable choice. Bissel has been a renowned brand for making household vacuum cleaners in the market. Their vacuum cleaners are a reasonable combination of design and technology along with plenty of exceptional features that add great value to their utility. The portable vacuum cleaner is extremely easy to assemble and use. You can effortlessly move this device from room to room in order to clean up the nook and crannies appropriately.
In addition, this vacuum cleaner is very lightweight and weighs just 15 pounds. Moreover, it has a 25-foot long cord that allows you to maneuver effortlessly and you do not need to replug every time you move to another room. It can handle most of the surfaces conveniently and can vacuum all types of debris.
This Bissel vacuum cleaner comes with many accessories that can handle different surfaces well. The tools include an extension wand, upholstery tool, a crevice tool, and a dusting brush. It comes with an organizer so you can keep these tools organized on the body.
- Affordable model
- High suction power
- Handles the pet hair very well
- The canister has a good capacity
- It is a bagless model
- It is slightly bulky
Best Canister Vacuum for Mold
4. Prolux Canister Vacuum
- EXCLUSIVELY SOLD BY TOUCAN CITY; Items in this bundle may ship in more than one box and arrive separately.
- Includes Toucan City LED Flashlight
Prolux Canister vacuum is another versatile model that grabbed our attention. This vacuum cleaner is a perfect fit for a household that needs regular cleaning. It can clean tiles, hard floors, carpets, and rugs very well. Featuring a rubber wheel, the Prolux Canister Vacuum ensures that your floor may not be scratched or damaged. It is equipped with a 3-stage HEPA filter that efficiently traps dust, allergens, and other microbes preventing your environment from contamination.
The lightweight design and the self-retracting cord make it a convenient choice. You can do extensive cleaning with this lightweight vacuum because it does not put extra strain on your body. It comes with a number of attachments and tools that make the cleaning task easier for you. The tools include a crevice tool that can reach hard to access areas while the duster brush and the upholstery tool is also available to clean up the car seats and upholstery.
- Lightweight and portable
- The retractable cord is easy to store
- Comes with a range of accessories
- It is a loud vacuum
Best Upright HEPA Vacuum for Mold
5. Shark Rotator NV501 Upright Vacuum
- Dust cup capacity 1.3 quarts. Powerful upright vacuum with lift away pod for convenient cleaning of stairs and above floor areas
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology, HEPA
- Rotator technology enhanced swivel steering and better deep carpet cleaning
- Lightweight & ultra quiet operation. Hose length (feet): 8.4
- Premium pet tools and ergo cleaning accessories
This is another best upright HEPA vacuum cleaner equipped with a high-efficiency sealed HEPA filter that does not let the allergens escape. The vacuum cleaner ensures that the trapped allergens are tightly sealed in the waste bin. It is a suitable vacuum cleaner for dust, allergens, mold spores, and pet dander. This vacuum cleaner features an advanced swivel steering function that makes its handling easier.
The lightweight design and the quiet motor make your cleaning task more manageable. The easy-to-maneuver upright vacuum comes with a lift-away pod mode that allows you to transform it into a handheld device increasing mobility. The vacuum can easily reach hard-to-access areas and can find debris with the help of the LED lights that light up the surface so that you may see more dirt and mold spores.
The only downside is the short power cord that does not allow you to move room to room in order to vacuum the mold spores.
- Equipped with a sealed HEPA filter
- The lift-away pod provide a convenient position
- Equipped with a swivel steering
- It has a short power cord
- It is difficult to clean the filter
Best HEPA Stick Vacuum for Mold
6. Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless HEPA Stick Vacuum
- Cord free. Hassle free. Powerful suction, refer user manual for instructions
- Up to 40 minute's run time when using a non-motorized tool. Suction power (Max mode): 115 AW
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 4 hours minimum before first use
- Up to 30 minutes of fade free power with the soft roller cleaner head
- Direct drive cleaner head. Up to 8 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode). Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
If you are looking for a stylish handheld model, Dyson V8 is a perfect choice. The innovative HEPA stick vacuum has all the features a conventional HEPA vacuum must-have. It has auto-changing cleaner heads for different surfaces. Moreover, the vacuum is cordless giving you access to whatever you want to vacuum. Whether it is your car or a congested storeroom, all you have to do is to power up this potent vacuum cleaner to clean up the smallest dust particles and mold spores in the environment.
The best thing about this handheld model is its compact built and lightweight design. It comes with a wall-mount where you can mount it in order to save space. The only downside is its battery that can only offer a maximum runtime of 40 minutes.
- Compact and lightweight
- Handheld design
- Auto-changing cleaner heads
- Battery timing is not good.
Best HEPA Canister Vacuum for Mold
7. Ovente Cyclonic Canister Vacuum
- ENERGY-SAVING SPEED CONTROL – The Ovente Canister Vacuum runs on 1400W, and it is equipped with a variable speed energy-saving motor that allows you to regulate how much energy you want to use and select the right amount of suction for any cleaning task.
- ADVANCED THREE-STAGE FILTRATION – This one uses a 3-stage filtration system—a dust bag filter, inlet filter, & HEPA filter—to trap dusts, dust mites, pet dander's, even airborne particles as small as 0.3 micrometers! Plus, it ensures that after the dusts and tiny particles are collected, the vacuum will trap them inside the filter and will not release them back to the atmosphere again.
- EASY TO USE – Vacuuming will no longer be a backbreaking task. The vacuum has a telescopic stainless steel wand that can be adjusted to your individual height, a 1.5m crush-proof hose that controls airflow, and a 360° swivel hose that helps moving the nozzle back and forth easy.
- FULLY ACCESSORIZED – The canister vacuum is not only light and portable, it is complete with a standard floor/carpet brush, a 2-in-1 crevice nozzle/brush, and an upholstery nozzle for cleaning carpets, rugs, floors, ceilings, and tight corners.
- RELIABLE AND DEPENDABLE - Featuring a powerful suction up to 20kPa, easily captures up to 99.9% of dust.
Ovente Cyclonic is a canister vacuum cleaner with a very efficient HEPA filter. It promises to filter the smallest particles and mold spores from your environment to provide you with a cleaner and safer environment. The bagless canister vacuum has a small dust canister that gives you visibility about when is the time to empty the canister. It has a telescopic head that allows you to reach hard-to-access areas and find dirt and other pollutants.
The vacuum cleaner is suitable for all types of surfaces like a hardwood floor, tiles, and carpets, etc. Moreover, it can handle all types of debris like dirt, pet dander, and mold spores, etc. The cyclonic technology filters out the allergens well and ensures that they do not escape. However, this vacuum does not have a bag due to which it exposes your hands to germs when you empty the canister.
Moreover, emptying the canister time and again is a hassle so some people do not like to buy a bagless vacuum cleaner. However, it provides great value for money when we compare it with other HEPA vacuum cleaners having the same price.
- Affordable price
- The telescopic head allows reaching into every nook and cranny
- Suitable for all types of debris
- Suitable for all types of surfaces
- It is a bagless model
- Creates mess when you empty the canister
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a HEPA filter vacuum worth it?
HEPA filter vacuum is worth your investment if you have allergies and asthma etc. It can trap the smallest particles and improve the quality of air. Some HEPA-rated filter also filters pet hair very well. So, you can invest in a HEPA filter confidently knowing that it will remove all the microbes from your home environment.
Why are HEPA filters so expensive?
HEPA filters use dense media to filter the small size particles. Their composition is quite complex and expensive as well. That is why the HEPA filter vacuums are more costly than ordinary vacuums.
Can HEPA filters be washed and reused?
Yes, HEPA filters can be reused if you wash them appropriately. These filters are used to trap allergens and microbes so they may develop a buildup. Washing or rinsing them can remove this buildup and increases the life of the filter.
How long should a HEPA filter last?
It depends largely upon the frequency of use. If you are using the filter for residential use then it may last for two to three years. However, if you use the HEPA filter vacuum cleaner for the commercial setting then you should check every six months whether it needs replacement or not. If the filter has become very dirty and soiled then it should immediately be replaced in order to retain the efficiency of the vacuum cleaner.
What is the pore size of a HEPA filter?
The pore size of a HEPA filter is 0.3 microns. 0.3 microns is the benchmark for the efficiency of the filter because it refers to the most complex size of particle a filter can trap.
What are the disadvantages of the HEPA filters?
There are certain reasons why you should not buy a HEPA filter. The first reason is that they are way too expensive than ordinary filters because of their complex composition. Moreover, they cannot purify your environment from harmful gases, fumes, bad odor, chemicals, and some other pollutants.
Another reason is the cost of replacement. These filters are not a one-time investment. You will always have to replace the filter immediately when the filter gets soiled. They last approximately six months in a residential setting where you daily use the HEPA vacuum or air purifier.
What’s better than HEPA filters?
ULPA filters are better than HEPA filters in efficiency. Both the filters are designed to filter the smallest particles but the ULPA filters are better than HEPA filters because they can trap the particles of 0.1-micron size with an efficiency of 99.999%.
Buying a HEPA filter vacuum needs you to know about certain factors we have scribbled for you. We hope we have explained the facts very well and they will help you to make an informed decision. Furthermore, our reviews will give you a closer look at the best HEPA vacuums available in the market. We hope one of our selected HEPA vacuums will definitely grab your attention. Share your reviews with us in the comments section below and let us know how we can help you further.