Best Vacuum for Shag Carpet 2021.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Vacuum for Shag Carpet 2021.
- 1.1 The Best Vacuum for Shag Carpets
- 1.2 What should you look for in a vacuum for high pile carpets?
- 1.3 Best Vacuum for High Pile Carpet or Shag Rugs
- 1.4 Miele Complete C3 Soft Carpet Vacuum
- 1.5 Kenmore Bagless Canister 22614
- 1.6 Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless UH70120
- 1.7 Bissell Clean View Swivel Rewind
- 1.8 Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E
Our team has tested different brands and models to find out the best vacuum for shag carpet. To remove dirt and ensure sustainable usage, you need to be cleaning your carpets regularly. The problem is cleaning this kind of sensitive material with high piles is not an easy job. With the help of a good vacuum cleaner, this job can be easier and less time-consuming. There are hundreds of new models of vacuum cleaners available in the market. Let’s have a look at some of the best on the market.
The Best Vacuum for Shag Carpets
Before we jump in to look at the best ones, ask yourself a couple of questions. As well as the shag rug, what other issues are you faced with? Do you have pets, is long hair an issue? Would a multi-floor cleaner be better for your home as opposed to one that can only clean shag rugs/ carpets? How much do you want to spend on your new machine etc?
Best Vacuum for High Pile Carpet or Shag Rugs
Miele Complete C3 Soft Carpet Vacuum
- Powerful, quiet, lightweight bagged canister vacuum cleaner designed for low pile carpet and hard floors. Adjustable working height – Stainless steel telescopic tube
- 6 suction power settings controlled by a foot switch; Automatic setting picks the best suction for optimum cleaning. FilterBag volume in litres- 4.5
- AirTeq floorhead enables uninterrupted floor contact and minimizes energy use by adjusting the to the surface
This bag-equipped canister vacuum is a high-profile vacuum cleaner from the very well-known brand Miele. To clean heavy-duty carpeting, you probably won’t get a better vacuum than this. I can personally recommend this model as the best vacuum for a shag rug. It works very well on shag carpets and long pile carpets. If you do have a long shag rug that gets regular use then you can’t go wrong with a Miele. It has all the features that you need to clean your rugs and shag carpets.
The suction is very powerful, and you have full control over it. Adjust the suction to whatever you need to clean your shag carpet. Even on low power, it easily drags up the dirt and hair from the pile.
You can control the height adjustments as you need. Also, you can quickly switch off the brush roll while cleaning sensitive things like your shag carpet. I also love the led light attached in front of the beater bar. It helps while operating in dark places like under tables or dimly lit rooms.
Miele is very well known for its quality vacuum cleaners. With lots of power and super comfortable features, this vacuum cleaner does cost more than a lot of other vacuums on the market. I would rather spend my money on something that does a great job and that will last. This vacuum is going to be long-lasting with proper use and can save you money in the long run. It is a great choice if you are looking for a good vacuum cleaner for your high pile carpet. 10/10
Kenmore Bagless Canister 22614
- BAGLESS CANISTER VACUUM: Designed to clean all floors within your home, den, kitchen, car or garage quickly and efficiently with an easy-to-empty filterless transparent canister
- PET POWERMATE: Motorized attachment lifts stubborn pet hair, dander and dirt quickly from surfaces. Unique design eliminates hair from tangling around the brush
- HEPA FILTER SYSTEM: Enhanced HEPA filter system traps 99. 97% of debris, trapping dander and dust inside the vacuum reducing allergy-induced pollutants in the room
The Kenmore Bagless Canister is also a good vacuum for cleaning your shag carpets. If you don’t want to mess about buying and changing bags, then you should be more comfortable with a canister vacuum.
Like most other canister vacuums, the Kenmore is very easy to operate and cleans your carpets effortlessly. With 11 amps of power suction, it can easily tackle anything in its path.
When you need to vacuum shag carpet you can just switch off the brush to prevent you from doing any harm to your soft shag carpet by using the handy switch near the handle of the vacuum. You can clean the long piles of your shag rug with the crevice tool that comes with the vacuum cleaner.
You can work with the brush on short pile carpets and the suction along with the brush is very useful to clean dirty carpets. I tested it by vacuuming thick carpets and rugs that don’t have long piles and it worked really well.
It is an excellent vacuum for pet owners and comes with a motorized pet power mate tool that picks up the pet hair effortlessly.
The only thing I’m not particularly happy about is the size of the dust cup. It is easy enough to clean the dust cup but obviously, you need to clean it more frequently due to the lack of size.
Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless UH70120
- Windtunnel technology: Creates suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt
- HEPA media filter: Traps 99.7 percent of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3 microns
- Room to room cleaning: 5 height adjustments to go from deep carpet to hard floors and 25 foot retractable cord
The Hoover Wind Tunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless upright vacuum is quite a traditional-looking vacuum and is highly recommended as one of the best vacuums for high pile carpet. This easy-to-use vacuum has good suction power and comes with a five-position carpet height adjustment which is very useful for different floors and carpets.
If you need to clean your shag carpet regularly and you are looking for a good vacuum that is already tested by thousands of other users then this is the vacuum for you. I have heard from a lot of satisfied users who love this vacuum for cleaning multi types of floor and is very useful for medium to heavy use.
It is a bagless vacuum that contains a fairly large dust cup. The HEPA Filtration system is vital for those who have allergy problems by trapping any dust particles within the filtration system.
It’s an all-feature vacuum cleaner that costs much less than other vacuums available in the market so if you are on a budget then it is an excellent choice and a great value for money purchase.
On the negative side, I did find the tangled brush roll very irritating. So if you have pets and need to do a lot of long pet hair vacuuming, then you need to clean the brush roll more regularly. Also, it does not have a brush roll switch on the system. So while cleaning a shag rug, you cannot use the beater bar; instead, try cleaning with the crevice tool. Your shag carpet will easily get clean with that.
Bissell Clean View Swivel Rewind
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell pet foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Dirt cup capacity - 1.0 liter. Triple action brush roll + scatter-free technology maximize pet hair removal – even if it’s embedded
- 27’ power cord automatically rewinds for quick and simple storage
Bissell is very well known for its budget-friendly vacuum cleaners. This Bissell Clean View will easily fit into a tight budget and provides you with all the features you need in a vacuum.
For those of you that need to vacuum a shag carpet, then I would always suggest a Bissell vacuum cleaner. This lightweight bagless upright vacuum would be a perfect solution for those who have a medium size apartment.
My brother, who lives in a 900 sq. Ft apartment, and has used this vacuum for the last four years without any issues. He cleans all of his different size rugs and shag carpets with it. The suction power is nearly the same as any other powerful vacuum, so it does clean very thoroughly.
It contains multi-height adjustments for different sizes of carpet piles, and it is easy to clean a long pile carpet without ruining it. To clean shag carpets only then just use the crevice tool, and you are good to go.
So whether you need to vacuum pet hair or just your hardwood floor, the extra tools make it very easy to clean any type of surface.
- Dust cup capacity 2.2 quarts; Lift away; Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology plus a HEPA filter; Traps 99.9 percent of dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- Powerful and lightweight; Portable and versatile at 13.7 pounds
Shark is also very popular for its budget-friendly quality vacuum cleaners. The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Vacuum is a bagless upright vacuum with a 10 amp suction and is great for anyone who is looking for a budget purchase.
The Shark Navigator allows you to detach it from the base, so it is easy to use on stairs and ceilings using any of the supplied attachments. The suction is more than powerful enough to deep clean your carpets. It is a very lightweight vacuum, and the crevice tool can reach deep inside your high pile shag carpets. The supplied tools can be beneficial to clean pet hair from carpet, bare floor, and other surfaces.
If you are cleaning shag carpets then avoid using the brush as it may leave a brush mark, use the vacuum only option. The manual suction control also helps while vacuuming carpets.
Find out How to Vacuum a Shag Rug.