What to Look for When Buying a Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
Table of Contents
- 1 What to Look for When Buying a Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.1 Types of Commercial Vacuum Cleaners
- 1.2 What to Look for in a Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
If you’ve never thought of buying a commercial vacuum for your commercial space or intense cleaning work then this could possibly change your mind. Unlike average or household vacuums, commercial vacuums are specially designed for heavy use. They are commonly used in commercial-sized buildings and large spaces that need fast and effective cleaning.
Just like any other cleaning equipment, commercial vacuum cleaners are all built differently from each other. There are many factors to consider when choosing a commercial vacuum cleaner, these include vacuum type, attachments, ergonomic features, and many more. We understand that not everyone has the time to check these things one by one, so to make your purchase decision easier, we did the hard work and put up this commercial vacuum buying guide.
Types of Commercial Vacuum Cleaners
There are many types of commercial vacuum cleaners that you can purchase from different appliance shops and retailers. Each vacuum cleaner type has unique characteristics and offers different features for all your cleaning needs.
Before deciding on any models, you need to know first the advantages and disadvantages of each type so you can choose the right commercial vacuum cleaner for you. Below we go through each of these types in more detail.
Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- BAGGED CANISTER VACUUM: Multipurpose design w/swivel head cleans all areas and surfaces in your home, den, kitchen, car and garage
- POWERFUL CLEANING: 2-motor system excels in suction strength and includes 2 floor nozzles with exclusive Pop-N-Go floor brush. 3 additional attachments are included: crevice tool, dirt brush and bare floor tool
- TRIPLE HEPA FILTER SYSTEM: Enhanced HEPA filter traps 99. 97% of dirt, trapping dirt inside the vacuum
- PET POWERMATE & POP-N-GO BRUSH: Motorized attachment lifts stubborn pet hair, and dirt quickly from surfaces. Eliminates hair from tangling around the brush.Stores inside vacuum, attaches to handle and wand in...
- ALUMINUM TELESCOPING WAND: Adjustable lightweight wand lengthens to an extended reach of 10. ' to access difficult areas. Lightweight at 22. 6 lbs, 28' cord is retractable, accessories and attachments fit...
‘We Say’ – When it comes to quality design and consistent high performance, you can’t beat Kenmore vacuums. Ok so they may be a little more expensive than other brands but this extra cost is justified by the longevity of their machines, performance, and exceptional build quality.
If you are looking for vacuum cleaners that have enough power to remove large soils and clean large spaces, then you may want to consider a canister vacuum cleaner. This vacuum cleaner has a canister for storing more dirt and residue. It is also often equipped with wheels that allow maneuverability. It is easy to use and best for
- Hard floors
- Carpeted floors
- Pet Hair
A canister vacuum cleaner often comes with a number of special attachments for different cleaning jobs. Some of the common attachments of this vacuum are the extended-length hoses and wands which are ideal to access difficult areas.
While this vacuum certainly has strong cleaning power for almost all your cleaning needs, it is not ideal to use in places where people often pass by as its attachment and cord could cause trip hazards, however, the cord is retractable.
Handheld Duster Vacuum Cleaner
- Two ultra-powerful cyclonic air streams for incredible suction and long-lasting filter and motor life.
- Detachable self-cleaning Pet Power Brush eliminates hair wrap from the floor, upholstery, and the brushroll.
- Features an XL dust cup to tackle big jobs.
- Lightweight and portable at only 2.8 lbs.
- Contains a washable filter for easy cleanup.
‘We Say’ – Shark are notorious for producing high-power vacuums. The CH951 features a long-lasting filter and motor. With an easy-to-empty XL dust cup, lightweight/portable design, and cordless with a self-cleaning pet power brush – what more could you want!
This type of vacuum cleaner is great for spot cleaning and picking up light soil in small spaces. It is ideal for small cleaning jobs in different places such as:
Handheld duster vacuum cleaners are usually small in size making them extra handy and portable. They can be used in almost all places even in high-traffic areas because they do not consume much space and will not block the walkway. However, they do not offer the same cleaning power as more significant commercial vacuum types.
Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
- REVOLUTIONIZING THE VACUUM CLEANER INDUSTRY - The Prolux 2.0 Bagless Backpack Vacuum is the world's very first Commercial Grade Bagless Backpack Vacuum!
- POWERFUL & LIGHTWEIGHT - This high quality bagless vacuum cleaner is 40% more powerful and 30% lighter than standard vacuums! Weighing only 9lbs, this vacuum is a breeze to use. 0.64L Dust Receptacle Capacity
- VIRTUALLY MAINTENANCE FREE - This revolutionary Bagless Backpack Vacuum comes with a self-cleaning filter and a washable HEPA filter! This bagless design requires next to no maintenance.
- INCREDIBLY USER FRIENDLY - Your feedback is important to us! We’ve dedicated endless hours to extensive lab testing to make sure our vacuum cleaners are the most user friendly money can buy.
- SAY GOODBYE TO DUST - The Prolux 2.0 Bagless Backpack Vacuum Cleaner is designed with a “vortex chamber” which forces dust particles away from the HEPA filter, causing a self-cleaning effect that virtually...
‘We Say’ – The Prolux bagless backpack vacuum packs some punch. Offering 40% more power than a standard cleaner but also being 30% lighter at only 9lbs, no more back or shoulder ache with prolonged use. With a self-cleaning filter and washable HEPA filter, it needs very little maintenance.
If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner that allows efficient cleaning and portability, a backpack vacuum cleaner might be the one for you. From its name, a backpack vacuum cleaner is carried on the back just like a backpack. It is a suitable option for cleaning medium to heavy dirt on
- Carpeted floors
- Hard floor surfaces
Backpack vacuum cleaners offer outstanding performance and suction. Mostly being bagless with multiple attachments they can make hard work more manageable.
Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- DUAL-MOTOR SYSTEM - Never worry about losing suction again; ProTeam professional upright vacuum cleaners maintain power to both the brush roller and the suction motor
- BREATHE BETTER AIR - Four Level Advanced Filtration with HEPA media filter improves Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) for your guests; certified Bronze by Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
- EXCEPTIONAL CLEANING -Perfect for high-pile carpet and hardwood floors while the ultra-flexible hose and cleaning wand tackle the hard-to-reach areas like under the bed. Motor : 924 W/10 A/120 Volts
- MANEUVERABLE - ProTeam commercial upright vacuums feature large, rubberized wheels that allow for smooth movement over different floor surfaces to tackle bedrooms and bathrooms
- Ideal for the hospitality industry including hotels, motels and meeting halls, with an extra-long 50-foot power cord to clean large areas without having to unplug
‘We Say’ – The ProTeam ProForce vacuum has been specifically designed for commercial and residential cleaning. Having a massive 50ft power cord and a 5ft flexible hose this machine makes cleaning a breeze. A 3.25qt dust cup and powerful 924wt motor make it our ‘go-to’ upright.
An upright vacuum cleaner is a great investment if your cleaning needs are mainly focused on:
- Carpeted floors
- Hard floors
- Wooden floors
It is capable of picking up light to medium soil and debris. This vacuum cleaner is equipped with wheels for portability and ease of use. They are vertical standing for easy storage as well.
Upright vacuum cleaners are available in two different types. The first one is the single motor upright vacuum cleaner which is best for cleaning light to medium soil pickups. The second type is the dual motor upright vacuum cleaner which has a more powerful motor that is ideal for picking up medium soil.
Wet/Dry Vacuum Cleaner
- 【 All IN ONE 】 ECOWELL cordless wet dry vacuum cleaner mop can tackle all floor chores at once by vacuuming, mopping and washing floors at the same time. Weight 8.6 pounds, it is very light and easy to...
- 【 SELF CLEANING and VOICE ASSISTANCE 】With 60-second self-cleaning function, this wet and dry vacuum cleaner can automatically rinse the roller brush and frees your hands. When the dirty water tank is full...
- 【FLEXIBLE and CORDLESS 】ECOWELL vacuum mop handle can be adjusted freely, thus the bottom of sofa, bed and table can be easily cleaned. This cordless wet dry vacuum will get rid of the limitation of cord...
- 【 TWO WATER TANK 】Our lightweight vacuum cleaner has a 700 ml large clean water tank and a 500 ml sewage tank, which means you can always clean with fresh water, while dirty water and debris are collected...
- 【MULTI SURFACE CLEANING】We offer two kinds of roller brush. With soft roller brush, this cordless floor vacuum cleaner and mop is suitable for hard floors such as marble floors, wooden floors, tile floors,...
‘We Say’ – Ecowell vacuums are manufactured by Alton Industries and look to be making their stamp on the market. This lightweight cordless wet/dry vac weighs less than 9lbs and is self-propelled, making cleaning easy. The machine will literally tell you when the waste water tank is full or fresh water is needed, a neat trick! If you are looking for a wet/dry vac then you really need to check this model out, highly recommended and it has a 2-year warranty.
Wet/Dry vacuum cleaners are designed to clean wet areas. Unlike other vacuums, this vacuum is safe to use for cleaning wet residue from cleaning solutions. It has a powerful motor that allows it to remove large and dry soils mostly on
- Carpeted floors
- Hardwood and Laminate floors
- Tile and Marble floors
This vacuum cleaner is available in two different types namely standard wet vacuum and front-mounted squeegee vacuum. A standard wet vacuum is equipped with a hose and wand that effectively clean liquid in narrow spots. On the other hand, a front-mounted squeegee vacuum can remove all liquid residue from wet cleaning procedures like wet mopping.